Admittedly, I am one of the laziest people I know when it comes to self-care. I am terrible at remembering to wash my face, shave, wash my hair, take care of my skin, etc. BUT I have figured out easy ways to fit some of these things into my schedule…self-care for the lazy girl! Here are my top tips, enjoy 🙂
- Moisturize IN the shower– this sounds silly, but I actually just started keeping a small body moisturizer in the shower, so right after I dry off I moisturize right away! Once I get to my room I know I won’t do it, so it helps to do it while still in the shower.
- Face Washing Made Easy– This is actually kind of embarrassing, but when I don’t feel like splashing my face with water in the early mornings, I use the Mario Badescu Rosewater facial spray to spritz my face, scrub a little soap, and the spritz again and wipe my face off. Super low maintenance and it helps to wash my face without the mess!
- Eyelash Extensions– this is one of those high maintenance/low maintenance situations. Getting eyelash extensions was something that I am still unsure about, but I have found that it has cut my makeup routine IN HALF, and has boosted my no-makeup confidence! I still feel put together with the extensions on but no other makeup. This has also been a blessing for my skin, not feeling the need to wear foundation every day!
- Dry Shampoo/Hairstyle Days– I am a huge believer in dry shampoo to get through those days to weeks of not feeling like washing my hair. But I have found that my hair tends to feel dry with the dry shampoo, and it makes my scalp dry as well. Lately, I’ve been washing my hair once every 4 days and just plan my hairstyles for each day! On day 1 I wear my hair down since it’s clean, day 2 I can still get away with it down, day 3 I may do a bun or ponytail, and day 4/5 I wear a hat (lol!)
- Make Things More Accessible– I have so many face masks, moisturizers, spot treatments, teeth whiteners, etc. that I always want to try but never get to. I used to keep them in my bathroom, but I realized after awhile this never really worked for me because they weren’t immediately accessible and I was always too lazy to go get them. Now I finally have a nightstand/desk situation in my room where I keep all of my products that I want to try. So when I am having a lazy day/night in bed, I look over and try that face mask or teeth whitener that I’ve been wanting to! This really works for anything you want to add into your self-care routine.
That is all for my self-care tips for the lazy girl! Do you have any fun/easy self-care routines that you would recommend? Comment and let me know! 🙂