Eyelash extensions have been a recent trend that has seemed to stick around for quite some time now! When I first heard about them I was convinced I would never get them. I heard they could ruin your eyelashes, look silly, fall out, and even ruin your vision! I love a huge eyelash look, and used to PACK on this mascara (which I am still obsessed with). I finally got fed up with spending so much time putting on mascara that I decided to try eyelash extensions, and these are the results:
- Faster Makeup Routine: my makeup routine time has gone in HALF ever since I got extensions. If you know me, you know I used to spend 10-20 minutes packing on mascara every single day. I didn’t even like to leave the house without mascara, and I always used to get mascara fallout throughout the day and would wake up with raccoon eyes! Now I don’t have to do anything to my eyelashes besides brush them and I’m ready to go!
- No Makeup Confidence: I have been more confident leaving the apartment without makeup ever since I got extensions! They make me feel like I’m “done up” without looking overdone, and I still feel natural. This has even helped my skin to improve since I haven’t felt the need to wear foundation every day! I also feel super glam when I wake up with huge lashes every morning, lol.
- Pick your length: The fun part about lash extensions is that you can pick what length and curl you want them to be! I picked a super long and curled lash because I like a really extreme look to my lashes, but you can get short and straight natural ones, and everything in between!
- Price: As you probably know, eyelash extensions are expensive! If you live in the NYC area, I go to this salon to get my eyelashes done. It is slightly expensive, but all places are, and this place takes 10% off if you pay in cash! I will say that it is slightly uncomfortable at times (I once had the lady pull my some of my real lashes out accidentally and it was soo sad and painful!!) But besides that, the environment is really serene and I usually fall asleep while getting the lashes put on!
- Showers/Face Washing: One huge hassle is that you can’t get the eyelash extensions wet! When I shower I have to keep my face out, and I can’t splash my face with water but instead have to kind of strategically place the water around my eyes, lol. It is super high maintenance! I also usually have to brush my lashes out after the shower since they get a little moisture from the air and get tangled.
- Fallout: The lashes do fall out after awhile, and the saddest part is that they pull out my real lashes along with them 😦 I have been continuously getting the lash extensions for about a month now, so I’m not sure how my real lashes will look once I stop getting the extensions, but I’m a little scared! I had pretty long natural lashes before, so I’m hoping they can grow back once I choose to stop doing the extensions.
- SIDE NOTE: If you rub your eyes a lot or think you would be one to pick at your lashes, DO NOT GET THESE. They won’t last you as long and will really hurt to pull out and pick at!
Final Verdict: Even though there are many pros and cons to the eyelash extensions, I do think that I am going to keep getting them! For me, saving time on my makeup routine in the mornings is the biggest pro to the lashes, and it kind of outweighs everything else! I will keep you guys updated if anything changes, but as of now these are seriously a game changer in terms of getting ready every day and feeling confident not wearing makeup on a daily basis!