So today I want to teach you guys how to start your own podcast! In full transparency, it’s super easy. I started my podcast in under 24 hours for basically FREE. If you want to learn how to start your own podcast follow these steps…you could seriously have your own podcast by tomorrow if you follow along 😉
- Podcast Name & What It’s About: This is the most fun! Coming up with the name of your podcast and what you want it to be about is always fun because you get to be creative with it. What topics are you passionate about? Is there something you feel that you could talk about for hours? And for coming up with the name of your podcast, think of fun plays on your name (that’s what I did!) What words does your name rhyme with? Are there any puns having to do with the topic at hand? This may take awhile to get the perfect name, but bounce some ideas off of your friends and see what sticks 🙂 Even comment on this post and I can help you too!
- Create Your Cover Art: I think this part is so fun too! Creating your cover art that will be featured for your podcast is way easier than you think, and it’s also another fun way to express yourself and get creative. Go to this website to create your cover art super easily, and FOR FREE! They even have podcast templates to help get you started.
- Get Your Equipment: This is where you may need to do some Amazon shopping! I’m going to assume that everyone has a computer, so we don’t need to invest in that. But something that you may need is a USB microphone. I use this one and it was cheap and works perfectly fine! If you don’t want to spend the money, you can try recording with just your computer microphone and see if that works well enough for you. If not, order the mic!
- Recording Software: Again being fully honest, I use a completely free app to record my podcast! Download it here. It’s super easy, free, and user friendly.
- Record Your Intro: You’re going to need some cute music for your intro and outro on your podcast! I found my free music from this free for use music website here. It was super easy and quick!
- Find Your Podcast Host: You will need a podcast host to basically house your podcast. This is how you get featured on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and more. The easiest and only podcast host I’ve ever used is Buzzsprout. Sign up with this link to receive a free $20 Amazon Gift Card when you sign up for a paid plan! (Basically getting your money back plus more) 🙂 They also have the option for a free plan, but I pay as little as $12 per month with my plan and it is 100% worth it for the amount of podcasting time I am allowed to upload per month.
- Have Your Guests Call In: This is my secret sauce to having podcast guests call in from all over the world, for free! But you’ll have to listen to the very end of my podcast episode to find out what it is 😉 Click above to listen!
Let me know if this helped any of you to start your own podcast! I have been podcasting for almost one year now and I am so proud to share how much I’ve learned along the way ❤