Eyelash extensions have been a recent trend that has seemed to stick around for quite some time now! When I first heard about them I was convinced I would never get them. I heard they could ruin your eyelashes, look silly, fall out, and even ruin your vision! I love a huge eyelash look, and used to PACK on this mascara (which I am still obsessed with). I finally got fed up with spending so much time putting on mascara that I decided to try eyelash extensions, and these are the results:
- Faster Makeup Routine: my makeup routine time has gone in HALF ever since I got extensions. If you know me, you know I used to spend 10-20 minutes packing on mascara every single day. I didn’t even like to leave the house without mascara, and I always used to get mascara fallout throughout the day and would wake up with raccoon eyes! Now I don’t have to do anything to my eyelashes besides brush them and I’m ready to go!
- No Makeup Confidence: I have been more confident leaving the apartment without makeup ever since I got extensions! They make me feel like I’m “done up” without looking overdone, and I still feel natural. This has even helped my skin to improve since I haven’t felt the need to wear foundation every day! I also feel super glam when I wake up with huge lashes every morning, lol.
- Pick your length: The fun part about lash extensions is that you can pick what length and curl you want them to be! I picked a super long and curled lash because I like a really extreme look to my lashes, but you can get short and straight natural ones, and everything in between!
- Price: As you probably know, eyelash extensions are expensive! If you live in the NYC area, I go to this salon to get my eyelashes done. It is slightly expensive, but all places are, and this place takes 10% off if you pay in cash! I will say that it is slightly uncomfortable at times (I once had the lady pull my some of my real lashes out accidentally and it was soo sad and painful!!) But besides that, the environment is really serene and I usually fall asleep while getting the lashes put on!
- Showers/Face Washing: One huge hassle is that you can’t get the eyelash extensions wet! When I shower I have to keep my face out, and I can’t splash my face with water but instead have to kind of strategically place the water around my eyes, lol. It is super high maintenance! I also usually have to brush my lashes out after the shower since they get a little moisture from the air and get tangled.
- Fallout: The lashes do fall out after awhile, and the saddest part is that they pull out my real lashes along with them 😦 I have been continuously getting the lash extensions for about a month now, so I’m not sure how my real lashes will look once I stop getting the extensions, but I’m a little scared! I had pretty long natural lashes before, so I’m hoping they can grow back once I choose to stop doing the extensions.
- SIDE NOTE: If you rub your eyes a lot or think you would be one to pick at your lashes, DO NOT GET THESE. They won’t last you as long and will really hurt to pull out and pick at!
Final Verdict: Even though there are many pros and cons to the eyelash extensions, I do think that I am going to keep getting them! For me, saving time on my makeup routine in the mornings is the biggest pro to the lashes, and it kind of outweighs everything else! I will keep you guys updated if anything changes, but as of now these are seriously a game changer in terms of getting ready every day and feeling confident not wearing makeup on a daily basis!
Admittedly, I am one of the laziest people I know when it comes to self-care. I am terrible at remembering to wash my face, shave, wash my hair, take care of my skin, etc. BUT I have figured out easy ways to fit some of these things into my schedule…self-care for the lazy girl! Here are my top tips, enjoy 🙂
- Moisturize IN the shower– this sounds silly, but I actually just started keeping a small body moisturizer in the shower, so right after I dry off I moisturize right away! Once I get to my room I know I won’t do it, so it helps to do it while still in the shower.
- Face Washing Made Easy– This is actually kind of embarrassing, but when I don’t feel like splashing my face with water in the early mornings, I use the Mario Badescu Rosewater facial spray to spritz my face, scrub a little soap, and the spritz again and wipe my face off. Super low maintenance and it helps to wash my face without the mess!
- Eyelash Extensions– this is one of those high maintenance/low maintenance situations. Getting eyelash extensions was something that I am still unsure about, but I have found that it has cut my makeup routine IN HALF, and has boosted my no-makeup confidence! I still feel put together with the extensions on but no other makeup. This has also been a blessing for my skin, not feeling the need to wear foundation every day!
- Dry Shampoo/Hairstyle Days– I am a huge believer in dry shampoo to get through those days to weeks of not feeling like washing my hair. But I have found that my hair tends to feel dry with the dry shampoo, and it makes my scalp dry as well. Lately, I’ve been washing my hair once every 4 days and just plan my hairstyles for each day! On day 1 I wear my hair down since it’s clean, day 2 I can still get away with it down, day 3 I may do a bun or ponytail, and day 4/5 I wear a hat (lol!)
- Make Things More Accessible– I have so many face masks, moisturizers, spot treatments, teeth whiteners, etc. that I always want to try but never get to. I used to keep them in my bathroom, but I realized after awhile this never really worked for me because they weren’t immediately accessible and I was always too lazy to go get them. Now I finally have a nightstand/desk situation in my room where I keep all of my products that I want to try. So when I am having a lazy day/night in bed, I look over and try that face mask or teeth whitener that I’ve been wanting to! This really works for anything you want to add into your self-care routine.
That is all for my self-care tips for the lazy girl! Do you have any fun/easy self-care routines that you would recommend? Comment and let me know! 🙂
Hi friends! I’ve actually been getting some questions about my current makeup routine, usually from customers while I’m at work or people while I’m out running errands. The main questions I get are about my eyelashes and my foundation, so I figured why not do an updated makeup routine on my current favorites!
- Moisturizer- My all time favorite moisturizer is THIS Clinique one, it gives such a healthy glow under my foundation.
- Foundation- I use this Estee Lauder foundation religiously. I’ve used it in the past, stopped, but I’m hooked again. It’s just too good, and the coverage can’t be beat.
- Concealer- This IT Cosmetics concealer is EVERYTHING. It looks like natural, glowy skin and honestly provides the best coverage.
- Powder- I use this Estee Lauder duo powder/highlight mix on top of my concealer and foundation. It gives extra coverage, but the mix of the highlight gives another nice healthy glow (I HATE being matte!)
- Brows- This is my favorite brow gel, I don’t have a favorite pencil at the moment because I always feel like I’m overdoing it when I’m filling in my brows completely! This one looks natural but makes your brows fuller.
- Lips- This NARS lipstick in Sex Machine is the best color and consistency. It isn’t longwear which is definitely a con, but the natural plump pink look it gives to my lips is great for every day.
- Mascara- THE HOLY GRAIL. NOTHING CAN BE BEAT. FLY LASHES, FLY.
- Eyeliner- This Stila eyeliner will literally not move, and I’ve had the best luck at creating wings with this. Pricy for an eyeliner, but it’s staying power is really what you’re paying for.
- Blush- This blush is so perfect, natural and glowy. I love all of the baked products from this brand!
- Bronzer- I actually don’t have a bronzer that I love at the moment! I was using the Too Faced bronzer and still do occasionally, but it just is starting to look a little matte and muddy for my liking. If you couldn’t tell, I really like “natural and glowy”, lol.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have any favorite products that I should try, comment below and leave the link! I also love following other new bloggers so let’s connect 🙂
I hope everyone is having a great week! Today I am sharing my top 3 beauty hacks that I think every girl should know. If you’re anything like me you may struggle with acne, frizzy hair, or pale skin Look no further because I have the solutions to some of your biggest beauty struggles!
- Face– This is a beauty hack I have used since high school…I’m not sure how I thought of it, but it works! I put Neosporin on my face (I know, seems gross, but bear with me) and it really helps to heal acne, acne scarring, wrinkles and fine lines, dryness, and gives a really nice overall glow and hydrated feeling to my skin when I wake up in the morning! Yes, it does feel super greasy when applied, but the benefits to it outweigh the cons. Pretend like your face is a giant scab that needs to be healed and pack that sh*t on!
- Hair– My all time favorite shampoo is this Suave shampoo. As long as I blow dry and straighten my hair right after I shower, this stuff makes my hair super silky! Not to mention it is really affordable, especially if you wash your hair once every 3-5 days like I do. This and this are my two favorite dry shampoos at the moment, one affordable and one more high end. The high end one is great for volume and a little bit goes a really long way, but I find that my hair has a strange white cast even after blended. For this reason I like the cheaper dry shampoo, but I find that you need a lot more of it and there can be some brown fallout on your face from it, so be careful! Does anyone have a favorite dry shampoo that doesn’t have either of these problems?
- Tanning– Self-tanning is soooo tricky, and let’s be honest, we’ve all had our fair share of bad tans The best self tanners that I have found over the years are this Jergens one and this Australian one. The Jergens one is a winner for me because it provides a more natural glow without looking too orangey or too dark. But if you want to go darker, I totally recommend the Loving Tan line. It is on the pricier side, but if you apply it correctly I think it is just as good as a spray tan, and the best part about it is that I get 10-20 tans out of one bottle, which makes up for the cost in my opinion! I use the dark mousse, but their whole line has olive undertones, not orange ones, which is awesome. Use code Olivia at checkout for a free gift, too! **My friends and I also used this one in college (shoutout Emily and Kelsey!) and I find that it works well as long as you blend and keep up with it.
I hope that these tricks help some girls out there who may have the same struggles as I do! Trying out new products is one of my favorite things to do, so if you have any products that you would recommend let me know!