Hi friends! I’ve actually been getting some questions about my current makeup routine, usually from customers while I’m at work or people while I’m out running errands. The main questions I get are about my eyelashes and my foundation, so I figured why not do an updated makeup routine on my current favorites!
- Moisturizer- My all time favorite moisturizer is THIS Clinique one, it gives such a healthy glow under my foundation.
- Foundation- I use this Estee Lauder foundation religiously. I’ve used it in the past, stopped, but I’m hooked again. It’s just too good, and the coverage can’t be beat.
- Concealer- This IT Cosmetics concealer is EVERYTHING. It looks like natural, glowy skin and honestly provides the best coverage.
- Powder- I use this Estee Lauder duo powder/highlight mix on top of my concealer and foundation. It gives extra coverage, but the mix of the highlight gives another nice healthy glow (I HATE being matte!)
- Brows- This is my favorite brow gel, I don’t have a favorite pencil at the moment because I always feel like I’m overdoing it when I’m filling in my brows completely! This one looks natural but makes your brows fuller.
- Lips- This NARS lipstick in Sex Machine is the best color and consistency. It isn’t longwear which is definitely a con, but the natural plump pink look it gives to my lips is great for every day.
- Mascara- THE HOLY GRAIL. NOTHING CAN BE BEAT. FLY LASHES, FLY.
- Eyeliner- This Stila eyeliner will literally not move, and I’ve had the best luck at creating wings with this. Pricy for an eyeliner, but it’s staying power is really what you’re paying for.
- Blush- This blush is so perfect, natural and glowy. I love all of the baked products from this brand!
- Bronzer- I actually don’t have a bronzer that I love at the moment! I was using the Too Faced bronzer and still do occasionally, but it just is starting to look a little matte and muddy for my liking. If you couldn’t tell, I really like “natural and glowy”, lol.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have any favorite products that I should try, comment below and leave the link! I also love following other new bloggers so let’s connect 🙂
I hope everyone had a great weekend! I am finally all moved into my apartment in New York City, and let me tell you, it was one of the craziest experiences EVER! Even though apartment hunting in the big apple can be a little daunting and majorly overwhelming, I am here to give you 5 tips and tricks to hopefully make your experience go a little smoother!
- Give Yourself Time- Don’t expect to find a place overnight! Give yourself at least one week in the city to look for apartments. I heard that the average person tours 20 apartments in NYC before deciding on one, so don’t expect to fall in love with the very first one you set eyes on. Also, give yourself time to get between apartments! Subways don’t always show up on schedule, so be prepared to do a lot of walking and waiting in between. This leads me to my next point!
- Plan Accordingly- This one may be obvious to New Yorkers, but to a small-town girl from Cincinnati, I had no idea how big the island of Manhattan actually is! So, plan which apartments you want to see according to the area you will be in that day. My roommate and I made a running google doc of all of the UES, Midtown, West Village, East Village, and Financial District places we wanted to see, and then picked which day we would be in each place (ex: Monday in UES, Tuesday morning West Village & afternoon East Village, etc.) Don’t be overly ambitious…my parents and I walked on average 11 miles a day to see these apartments, and that was with us staying in the same areas each day!
- NO Brokers Allowed- There is absolutely no reason to be paying a broker fee in NYC when you can easily find a place yourself if you just put in the time and energy! Broker fees in New York are INSANE so save your money and go find a place on your own! My next piece of advice is how you can manage to do this super easily.
- My Golden Piece of Advice- This is something that I wish I had known going into this experience, and it feels like a little secret that I have kept up until now! While you can search on Zillow, Apartments.com or Craigslist all you want, the real way to find a great apartment is by literally walking in and asking. You may think I’m crazy, but I swear I am living in a dream apartment with a dream budget for this reason alone! All you have to do is go to different areas of town that you may be interested in living, and walk up to the doorman or front desk and ask if they have a leasing office you can speak with. Some will, some won’t, but the fastest way to get an apartment is to find a place that has a leasing office (usually open on the weekdays only) and ask if you can go speak with them. Then just go say you are looking for an apartment and were wondering what they have available! The best places to go to are leasing offices, because they can usually show you available rooms right there on the spot. When I found my apartment we stumbled upon it, walked right into the leasing office, and toured and signed for the place all within an hour! If you want the fastest and easiest NYC apartment hunting experience ever, then follow this advice.
- Make Room For Roommates- While I do love my apartment and all of the amenities it offers, I will admit that we signed for a 1 bedroom for 3 people. How did we do it, you ask? Temporary walls! Basically, we signed for a 1 bedroom that had a HUGE living room area, and we put up a T-wall in the living room which basically created 2 new bedrooms and made the whole place super affordable! And yes, we still have a small living room area with a couch, ottoman and TV, and a bar top with chairs to eat, too! I do have a teeny tiny room, but I will do another post on how to make the most out of your small room in NYC later 🙂
I hope this post helps at least one person out there to find an apartment in the city! Though there may be tears and exhaustion involved during this process, it will all be worth it in the end when you are living in this incredible city!
Change is good, and exciting change is even better! Today I got a job offer at a PR firm in NYC and I couldn’t be more exited. Moving to New York City has been a dream of mine for a long time, and to see it come to fruition doesn’t even feel real! I have to credit this job offer to a book I’ve been reading, called You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero. YOU MUST READ IT. It basically teaches you about self-love, your higher self, and how to live the life you were meant to live.
In other news, I wanted to share my NYC journey on this blog! There have been lots of ups and downs with it, but I am feeling really certain that this is what I am supposed to do right now. I currently have two potential roommates and we are all looking at 3 bedroom apartments to live in!
Does anyone out there have any advice about apartment hunting in New York City? (Is anyone out there even reading this?) We are wanting to live in lower manhattan but our budget of 4,000 a month total doesn’t really give us many options but we are trying our best to figure it out, but any advice is MUCH appreciated.
I will be moving there to apartment hunt in the last week of June! I am so excited and can’t wait to start this new part of my life. Make room NYC, I’m moving in!